Friday, January 28, 2011

Recipe and New Project

Since some of you have asked for it, here's the Creme Brulee French Toast recipe. Keep in mind, I haven't made it myself!

Creme Brulee French Toast
1/2 c. butter
1 c. packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp corn syrup
6 slices thick bread
5 eggs
1 1/2 c. half and half
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla

In a small saucepan melt butter, brown sugar and corn syrup. Pour into 9x13 pan.
Break bread up into small pieces, add to pan.
Wisk eggs, half and half, salt and vanilla together, pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours(or overnight). Preheat oven to 350* and bake covered for 35-40 minutes, uncovering for the last 5-10.

We had it with peaches and it was super yummy. I don't think it needs maple syrup or anything like regular french toast. But eat it however you want!


Now for a new project. But you don't get to see pictures yet. When I was packing, I found a couple shirts of DH's from his old work that he's never worn. One of which is a cream colored knit polo. My goal is to see how many projects I can make out of this one shirt. So far I'm up to 3! I'll share some pics next week.

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It!

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Goodness...that sounds so yummy! Can't wait to see your projects!