Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ducky Congrats

I wanted to make a baby card. I wanted to make a unisex baby card. This is what I ended up with! Green is a good unisex color, isn't it?




Everything is from my July 3 Little DReaMs kit. I love the shimmery paper that came in the kit by SEI. However, it is a bit hard to photograph! :) I tied a small length of the ribbon through the polka dot button but left the rest "naked"! And I decided to use some of the green cardstock for the base of the card instead of the white cards that come with the kit. Just for fun! There is seriously so much you can do with these kits. Do I sound like an infomercial yet?! Sorry, I just really like my kit! :)


And now the question of the day-
How did I color my images? Are you ready? Are you stumped? Did you guess correctly?


I used BIC Mark-it permanent markers! I found this tutorial the other day and figured I'd give it a try since I already had the markers. And it worked! It was so easy. I didn't heat emboss all of them. I just used Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black. It's my all time favorite black ink. I had some smudging but not bad. I'm just lazy and don't like to emboss but I did emboss the duck image. Just a few suggestions from my experience- Make sure you use a good thick white cardstock if you don't want to use watercolor paper. And if you are using a yellow marker, make sure you do heat emboss your image first. For some reason the yellow makes the black ink bleed really bad. If you don't mind embossing, that is definitely the way to go!

So there you have it! Now for the winner!
Since NO ONE guessed correctly, I put everyone in.
My random monkey picked-

Blogger Diane said...

I love your card! He's so stinkin' cute and the colors are nice and bright!
I'm going to say Prisma Color Pencils.

July 18, 2008 9:34 AM

And by random monkey, I mean Adam! :)
Diane, email me and I will get your stuff out to you!
Thanks for stopping by, hope you all have a great weekend! I will probably be offline the rest of today and tomorrow, but I should be back Monday.

Pin It!

7 comments:

Courtney said...

AAaahhhh, you so sneaky! I saw that tutorial, too but haven't tried it. YOU ROCK!

Lorie said...

This card is absolutely adorable...so sweet! I never would have thought you used Bic markers...wow! Very cool girl!

Unknown said...

This is adorable! Have you tried masking the duck? Might be fun to see a whole flock of the little buggers! :)

Deb said...

Ohhhh! And those are so much more affordable than the other ones!!! I must go to that tutorial and then get me some of those markers!!!

Love the ducky card today!

Alex said...

This is so very adorable, I just love it!!! Wonderful Dani! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lynn Put said...

Wow, your coloring is awesome! I was thinking that you must have colored the little duck with Copics, until I read that you used BIC markers!
Very cute card!

Catherine said...

how cute is this card and great job on your coloring =_)