Thursday, July 29, 2010

Operation Write Home

So... I've been making cards! Go me!

I've sent cards to Operation Write Home a couple times. I usually hang onto the cards I make that aren't for a particular person and put them in a box to go to OWH. When the box is full, I send it in.

Since I haven't been spending much time in the crafty room, I sat down to make some cards to fill up the box so I could send it in. There's no required # of cards to send, you can send 1 or 1000. I'm sending 55 this time.

Operation Write Home states this as their mission- Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.
This cause is very important to me for so many reasons. If you feel like donating some cards be sure to check their site for the guidelines(no glitter!). Or if don't have cards to send and you'd still like to help, you can make a donation to their organization to help with postage costs.

Here are just a few of the cards I've made recently to send to OWH specifically. The pics are small and not the best quality but you can click on them to enlarge them.






I thought the bottom 3 would be great for sending home to a child who is waiting for a loved one to come home. :)


Alright, I'm outta here. The boys have dentist appointments this morning and we've got to get on the road!
Thanks for stopping by!


Pin It!

2 comments:

Lorie said...

LOVE them Dani! I send to OWH as well and have two big boxes waiting to be mailed. Love that I can help in that way!

Sparkplug17 said...

These are gorgeous! Sandy will love them! Too bad you're so far away to hang out with all of us!