Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Belli Challenge #73- Back to School

This weeks challenge is to make a back to school themed project using apples or pencils.


I decided to make a little note card in the shape of a pencil. I took a 3x6 card base and rounded the corners on one side and on the other side I trimmed the edge to a point. Pink cardstock for the eraser, yellow for the main pencil part, kraft for the wood, black for the lead. Then I added some light gray ribbon to make the band that holds the eraser to the pencil. I used my VersaMarker to make the lines and pinking sheers to cut the end of the yellow cardstock. Stamped the sentiment and I was done! I know it sounds like a lot of steps, but it was really pretty easy. I think a bunch of these would make a fun teacher gift!

I hope you'll play along with us! Be sure to check out the other girls creations at The Belli Blog and if you're uploading to SCS or PCP the keyword is CBC73.

Have a super day, thanks for stopping by!

signature

Pin It!

17 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Very clever idea! Adorable card.

Joan Ervin said...

This is absolutely adorable, Dani!!!! I just love your little pencil note card...this would be sooo perfect to send to you favorite teacher!!!!

Holly said...

How adorable!!!!!!!!!!! I love this pencil card - reminds me of those big fat pencils we used to have in kindergarten.

Lorie said...

You are a genius! GREAT job!

Anonymous said...

I may have to try this!

Fern said...

Very creative, Dani. I luv this... And I think they would make a GREAT gift set for a teacher...:o)

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just the cutest thing! I love it.

Risa said...

Dani, this card is the CUTEST!!!!! I LOVE it...wow....so creative!!
hugs
Risa:)

Lynn Put said...

Super fun back to school card Dani!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

This pencil card is really cute, Dani!! Very creative! Happy birthday late!!!

Debbie said...

Dani - I love your pencil card. How creative is that! AMAZING!

MrsMomma said...

I love it! So creative!!

Anne Harada said...

How terribly clever, crafty and fun!! A great card for a teacher!! Or student, just love this idea!!

Heather P. said...

This is just TOO COOL!! What a fabulous idea!

Kathy said...

LOVE this card. Very cool.

Chrissy D said...

Girl - this is absolutely ADORABLE! I love how you designed this card!

Kristine said...

Super cute! I jsut love shaped cards--perfect for back to school, which by the way is our theme this week also over at SSC Challenges--they're for everyone! Come enter! =0) xXx