Monday, February 11, 2008

One more card...

and then I'm going to take a bit of a break-



This is a card for my BIL's birthday this week. I think it is missing something, but I don't know what.

So here's a story for you-
The last week or so has not exactly been fun. Some bad news about family and friends, potty training woes, etc, etc, etc. I wont bore you with the details. So to end off the week, I decide to make some raspberry pretzel salad (because how else am I going to maintain my figure?) only this time I decided to share with my sister and her family(they live across the street from us). So, I take some over. On the way home, I am walking up the driveway to come inside when all of the sudden I'm on the ground in some sort of strange yoga position. Apparently after the sun went down the snow that had been melting all day froze into an ice skating rink. Only nobody warned me to bring my skates. So I pulled some muscles in my back, both legs, right arm and various other places I wasn't aware I had muscles. And I have millions of miniscule cuts all over my hand. Which hand? Why, the right hand of course. Did you know when you fall and stick your hand into a snow bank it's very similar to sticking your hand into a bowl of broken glass? Yep it is. I tried to take a picture of my mangled hand but, I was unable to hold my camera with my left hand and focus on my right hand enough to get a clear picture. So just trust me when I say it's pretty. Actually it's not too bad. Just looks kind of like someone took a red marker and made polka dots all over my palm.

So if you have actually read this far... I am going to take a break for awhile. Let my hand heal. Become really good friends with the heating pad. Finish eating my raspberry pretzel salad. And hopefully be able to get back into making things soon(like by the end of the week since I have about 50 birthdays this month to make things for). Owen after all is asking for a "wobot-bee-ket-wif-skeers" or, a robot blanket with squares. Which means I might have to dust off my sewing machine.

And now I hear the bottle of Tylenol calling my name...

Pin It!

2 comments:

Kara said...

I am sorry! I promise we will share our good meds with you! Thats what family is for!!

Courtney said...

Oh you poor thing! Yoga is not fun... especially unintended yoga!

I got your package yesterday! The kids POUNCED on the candy!!! And the baubles are GREAT! I was actually looking into buying some the night before! You are super, duper sweet to me! I can't post a picture now because I have to download pics on my husbands laptop and his power cord caught on fire yesterday... and they have to order him a new one. As soon as it comes in you'll be all over my blog, girlfriend!

HUGS!!!