Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pay It Forward and Good Eats

Pay It Forward-

Jenn did a little "Pay It Forward" project on her blog, and of course I volunteered. What are sisters for? Now it is my turn, and your turn. If you want to play, leave me a comment on this post or email me (link over there ------->) and I will get a surprise out to you. In return you agree to do something for 3 people of your choosing. Doesn't have to be craft related. Doesn't have to be something big. Just agree to do something nice, make someone smile. Sound good? Let's play!



Now for the Good Eats-

If you are Lesa, close your eyes now and scroll to the bottom of this page...





Everyone else, read on...


So, tomorrow is Thanksgiving. And Owens birthday(3!). November 12th was Lesa and Bensons birthdays. So while we celebrate Thanksgiving at Jenn's we will also be having the "November Birthday Extravaganza!"
Yay!
Well, since I like to procrastinate, I am just now making Lesa's gift. Here it is:
A recipe binder titled- Good Eats (click for bigger pics)
Here is the spine and front cover. I used an American Crafts 6x6 D-ring binder and covered it with Autumn Leaves paper that I picked up at Target. Making Memories rub-ons for the title.

Here is the title page-

Here is what the section headers look like...
I used my McGill file tab punch to make the tabs on top of the sections.

And here is what the recipe pages look like...
I built them in Photoshop. There is one recipe and 5 blank cards in each section (appetizers & beverages; breads; desserts; main dishes; side dishes) so Lesa can add her own it.

It was pretty easy once I got going.









And there you have it. Pay It Forward and Good Eats.
Happy Thanksgiving all.
Off to start on my food assignment!

Pin It!

1 comment:

Kara said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OWEN! Are you having a family party for him?